Andy Stanley - Pastor, North Point Community Church
- 3 Questions leaders should ask when making decisions:
- What would my replacement do?
- What would a great leader do?
- What story do I want to tell?
And a final quote Andy used from Chick-fil-A founder, Truett Cathy, "If we get better, customers will demand that we get bigger."
Marcus Buckingham - Author of StandOut, The One Thing You Need to Know
- There is not one particular way to have a successful leadership style.
- When there is a successful concept that is presented through an example, focus on the concept and not the example.
- The successful techniques of one leader aren't easily transferred to another leader.
- The challenge you have is to take what is unique about you and make it useful.
Patrick Lencioni - Author of The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- 4 Disciplines of Organizational Health:
- Build a cohesive team through vulnerability.
- Create clarity about the core values of your organization.
- Over-communicate clarity.
- Reinforce clarity.
There was other great content covered during the day but those were a few of the highlights for me. A big thank you to Chick-fil-A for creating this event and for Advance Auto Parts for hosting the event in Roanoke! It was a lot of fun and I hope to be able to attend again next year.